Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Walker Ranch

My legs and lungs are coming back quickly and my head remains stable in it's motivation. I decided to run Walker Ranch this morning after more than 2 years away. Kind of lame because it's very close to home and one of my favorite runs. Just 7.4 miles with ~1700ft of gain but it's deceptive. I've heard it described as Escher-esque as it seems you're always climbing. Beautiful trail loop that butts up to the back side of the Flatirons in Boulder. I timed it at 1:24 today which isn't stellar. I've run it in 53:xx clock-wise and averaged 1:09 for 5 laps back in 2012. It's motivating to consider working back to that fitness.
 The best part though was that my knee felt 100%.
 The week so far. 12400 ft of climbing on the bike between Monday and Tuesday and 1677ft on Walker today.
Strava proof.


No comments: